Validate VATSIM ID
Reason for Visiting
Thanks for your interest in becoming a Visiting Controller at ZLA!
Visiting Controllers must understand the significant limitations that they face at ZLA:
- ZLA does not provide training to visiting controllers, only familiarization with local procedures
- Controllers that aren't competent to work the positions they are rated for are and will continue to be sent home for retraining
- ZLA's instructor availability for Visiting Controllers is very limited, and is lower priority than training of home ZLA controllers.
Visiting controllers are required to do the following:
- Get your ATM/Facility chief to send our ATM a letter indicating you are in good standing at your home facility. Send all letters to [email protected]
- Familiarize yourself with all applicable ZLA SOPs and LOAs prior to plugging in
Most importantly, you cannot plug into any ZLA position until you've been explicitly certified to do so, INCLUDING positions at Minor Airports.
If you understand these limitations and responsibilities, please continue with the visitor application.